We have now finished relocation to our new factory in central Bulgaria, full factory photos to folow soon along with new contact details for telephone and address.
At FMK and The Miniature Aircraft Factory we have the widest range of kit production facilities in Europe , we process our own balsa other wood blocks to produce sheet and strip materials of the highest competition grades.
We have a wide range of production methods but wooden parts now are almost always laser cut.
- Die Cutting ( rarely used for kit production these days, used for box production, but sometimes used for custom production), we have 2 Heidelberg platten presses and a samco press
- CNC Router We have a Step Four CNC router from Austria, this machine has served us well since its purchase in 1995
- 4 CNC Laser Cutters, Used for most kit production these days as laser gives a high accuracy of cut with less dust and other waste than the router
- Jigged Router, again rarely used these days, but still used for toll manufacture of alloy items
- Step Four CNC foam cutter, used for prototype and short run kit manufacture.
- Foam moulding macine for EPS EPO and EPP
- Automatic jigged foam wing cutter, for rapid kit production
- Plastic injection moulding, we have 4 injection moulding machines, a 50 ton boy, an austin allen gnat and 2 vertical automatic plunger machines by hodrane engeneering
- Vaccum forming, we have a fully automatic large thermoformer for 4 foot by 2 foot size up to 12mm plastic, and a Parnavac, semi automatic former for smaller size jobs
- EPS block moulding machine
- Plastic extrusion machine for rod or tube
- Automatic lathe for turned metal component production, brown and sharp and an emimec sprint
- We also have the usual equipment for balsa sheet and strip production
We also have a wide range of chemical production and packaging facilitys for our other company StarLoc adhesives, see our about us page on shop4glue adhesives online shop www.shop4glue.com/about-us-1-w.asp